• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

OK, so I found these heavy duty aluminum table legs at the scrap yard and I knew they needed a second life...

The signal stuff is the Tubelab TSE; the PSU is my own. Warning: don't try this with the TSE, it is not friendly to alterations of this type, thus the extra toroid on the back of the amp to get the bias circuit to function.

Looks like a fun project, congratulation!

TV cables ???

OK, so I found these heavy duty aluminum table legs at the scrap yard and I knew they needed a second life...

The signal stuff is the Tubelab TSE; the PSU is my own. Warning: don't try this with the TSE, it is not friendly to alterations of this type, thus the extra toroid on the back of the amp to get the bias circuit to function.

Nice Ideas jd!
The output transformers are hide behind. I like this so much.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
Euclid say that...:drink:

Oooh, you could say it's just a collection of Elements, though I think eureka talent.

Seeing your work made me remember the vehicle that carried the next gen. AI's to see "David", at the end of the movie A.I. . . . . . . An awesome cubist 'car' with all the planar components dispersing - presumably leaving the scene to be used as components of other cars elsewhere - thereby dissolving the car structure to deposit its occupants at the destination. Very cool.

6C33 pp amp, the Brute55....

Attachments

• IMG_6684.JPG
    IMG_6684.JPG
    571.9 KB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_6685.JPG
    IMG_6685.JPG
    616.6 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_6686.JPG
    IMG_6686.JPG
    566.9 KB · Views: 935
  • IMG_6687.JPG
    IMG_6687.JPG
    634 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_6690.JPG
    IMG_6690.JPG
    570.6 KB · Views: 848
12AU7 line preamp done with whatever parts happened to be around. The sonic contribution - unexpectedly (considering the bad rep this tube has) - is quite pleasing.

One of my buttons got pressed. 12AU7 have an un deserved bad rep.
People run them at 2 or 3 mA then "bitch" about its lack of linearity.
If anyone bothered to look at the data sheet
http://www.mif.pg.gda.pl/homepages/frank/sheets/093/1/12AU7A.pdf
You can see that you need to run them at 8 to 10 mA for minimum gm vs Ia and rp vs Ia slope.
Glad you are happy with it.
Cheers,
Ian