• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Recently, Popilin made himself a couple of trannies for a pushpull 6L6GC with a tremendous effort, sadly he sold the amp to a somebody else that have the cash, Like a piece of Carrara's marble transformed in a piece of art in the renascence epoque" I have a couples of AS115A from UCOA, UL specially designed in Argentina in those times, for a 6BQ5, Now in an amp but with 6BX7 I got from Radio Glas (Buenos Aires) This amp is in charge since 1996 and I bring it here with me. I hope to rebuild this week because I miss "That triode sound". Best Regards

My last DIY-stereo integrated amplifier with 8x6CW5(EI; EL86)and 2xECC83 (Telefunken; 12AX7).

Attachments

• 005a.jpg
    005a.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 1,077
  • 001a.jpg
    001a.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 003a.jpg
    003a.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 977
  • 001c.jpg
    001c.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 957
  • 003c.jpg
    003c.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 932
Many of my builds look like complete rats nests of point to point wiring (hence my reluctance to share them on the board), but they are generally whisper quiet and do not oscillate. Neat builds are nice but far from essential if correct layout principles are understood and followed.

Don't let an ugly build put you off if it works and is safe.

Shoog

my first tube amp (SE 6C33C) now running - only one channel so far -I preform a separate check and burn - in for each channel tube separate.picture of the inside will be later.
thanks to this thread members for inspiration and creativity !
:cool:

Attachments

• DSC00646.JPG
    DSC00646.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,241