• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Err, I didn't draw the circuit. This paraphase thing is personal taste anyway, concertina phase splitters are alright too. I always recommend people to experiment, to find out what they like and to make things as simple as possible. I dislike ostentation. I dislike audio trends.

So you obviously use solid state rectification and RC filter. Why not

You don't need a choke -it's a Push Pull amp. Besides, for whatever reason it sounds better with a resistor. I like tube rectifiers but I needed all the juice I could get.

There seem to be two RCA jacks

It's a mono amp. I listen in mono in my basement (that's right, MONO) and I also play guitar, so one input is often used with a guitar preamp.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Err, I didn't draw the circuit. This paraphase thing is personal taste anyway, concertina phase splitters are alright too. I always recommend people to experiment, to find out what they like and to make things as simple as possible. I dislike ostentation. I dislike audio trends.

You don't need a choke -it's a Push Pull amp. Besides, for whatever reason it sounds better with a resistor. I like tube rectifiers but I needed all the juice I could get.

It's a mono amp. I listen in mono in my basement (that's right, MONO) and I also play guitar, so one input is often used with a guitar preamp.

Some argue with mono you get a perfect centre image.. :)
Then again whats the point of stereo in a background setting when you move around the room and get left then the other side you get right..mono is much better in this situation..

And yes the resistor with no choke is a different sound...thats why I use capacitor bypass on the choke in my SE....Then they don't sound yuk!

Regards
M. Gregg

I just finished a Sweet little single ended russian.
6S45P triodes driven at 175V/40mA
5U4C rectifier.
Nice golden glow 100mA dials
Musical Power Supplies Transformer 190.2i
Edcor GXSE 10W-6ohm-5K
Oiled beech frame and 1,5mm alu top.
I´m having my fist listening session now, and I´m Happy!

SNC14631.JPG

SNC14606.JPG

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Thanks for the link Azazello. I knew that circuit, one thing I find odd is that Mr. Van Gaarde doesn't have it on his webpage, instead there's a SS circuit.

Aren’s Attic

I also know that P. Millet designed a commercial headphone amp with the 6AS7. His circuit dissipates too much heat for my liking.

Trondareo - I believe white tube amps may become fashionable and I like the idea. It looks good.

Great work..whats it sound like?
Guess you don't have a You tube clip?
What OP Tx's have you used? (Original)

It sounds like the best SE amplifier I've ever heard. It's open, dynamic, extremely fast and well balanced. No sign of sweetness or syrup. Bass is tight and punchy, mids are so well defined it's sick, and the highs are extended and smooth (not so extended when using tungsol 5687 o getter newer production tubes).

OPTs are made by Mr. Krklec and they are the highest quality and sound OPTs for very reasonable money.

Last edited:
Hi, I wanted to present my design SE amp with tubes - the 6SL7 input / SRPP /. The EL34 output tubes operate in the triode system. The amplifier is no loop NFB. The amplifier works with speakers, OB - 15" EV SP15A / SP15A woofer, mid Beyma 8MI100 and horn Extra Cone / Greetings Dinkers

Attachments

• el34 rrrrr.jpg
    el34 rrrrr.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,213
  • SE2.jpg
    SE2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,149
  • se el 34.jpg
    se el 34.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,095
Last edited: