• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

Disabled Account
Joined 2010

Attachments

• DSCN3567.JPG
    DSCN3567.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,659
  • DSCN3582.JPG
    DSCN3582.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,631
  • DSCN3621.JPG
    DSCN3621.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,596
  • DSCN3646.JPG
    DSCN3646.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,602
My latest Project.

1957 6V6GT pushpull amp, i had this given from an old console, it did have a tuner on it but the tuning vane has been removed.
Im in the process of cleaning it up after a recapp, i have left the valves for the tuner in place even though they serve no purpose but lit up it looks good.
According to original specs for the amp it was good for 15watts output, anybody any ideas for cleaning up the metal?

IMG_2463.jpg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
1957 6V6GT pushpull amp, i had this given from an old console, it did have a tuner on it but the tuning vane has been removed.
Im in the process of cleaning it up after a recapp, i have left the valves for the tuner in place even though they serve no purpose but lit up it looks good.
According to original specs for the amp it was good for 15watts output, anybody any ideas for cleaning up the metal?

View attachment 247651

If it was me; I would build a wooden Three sided case arround it and possibly make it large enough to refit the Variable air cap and use the tuner as well. Just shorten the control shafts and polish it up.

Does it have an isolation Tx? if not have a think about isolation because the chassis must be at neutral - earth.. I did this in the past and got a lot of fun out of it! :)

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
yes the chassis is isolated its not HOT.

Also i do not have the tuning vane, but your idea sounds good, making up a little box for it.
Thanks.

You can get air dielectric tuning caps on Ebay. If you can get a schematic and find the value. You could put a plexi glass panel in the front...lots of things you can do...make it look like a radio...or go standard with some nice varnished wood....you could make a metal outer box...it goes on..LOL

:)

Regards
M. Gregg

"Paris" - 6EM7 Dual Mono 2W Integrated amp.

Finished and sound stunning. Used MKP X2 caps in the inter-satges but for cheapo capes I think they sound good. This amp has cleaner mids than my 3W 6AS7 SET but not as much bass weight. CD and TT plaug straight in with preamp built in. Saves one set of inter-connects. The preamp section will take any 12A?? - true plug and play.

Attachments

• Paris_Finis_I.jpg
    Paris_Finis_I.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited: