• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Photo Gallery

preamplifier preCario ecc86 based

only one tube for this preamplifier and work with a 12v 7Ah battery.

the next step will be the SE based on el84.
little and apparently simple, also if the power supply tension are high for me.

Small 2x12W EL84 amplifier:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Feedback conditions are 18dB loop feedback plus UL-feedback and common mode feedback in the LTP. Zo is 0.7ohm. Square wave response at 10kHz is quite nice, without no overshoots or ringing.
The tubes I'm using for the moment is matched pairs of Russian 6P14P-EV (EL84), 6CG7 and another Russian comrade: 6F1P (ECF80) for input and CCS.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Amplifier unit and power supply put together with side panels:

Jan E Veiset

"The picture size is a bit small can barely read this schematic. can you please post a bigger picture of this?" Hopefully this will be better.

Also, a bit of clarification: this is the first amp built from scratch. Got the design and technical assistance from my son. In the past, I have modded the amps from the old Akai/Roberts R-2-R into stand alone mono blocks and put cabinets around them.

Attachments

• Schematic Final 2.jpg
    Schematic Final 2.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 1,703
Very Nice Miniwatt. All the tone controls and effects always kept me from doing a guitar amp. How does it sound?

How do you think? Amazing of course :D And thanks!
But seriously, I really really like it. Sort of 'hi-fi', very clean and powerfull but warm at the same time. And a distortion with lots of second harmonics.

Wiring all the controls was a labour of patience :eek: alsmost as much work as the amplifier section. A hifi amp is much easier in comparison..

stupid enough ? WE437A+WE300B+RCA808=5W out

Am I stupid to do that ? only WE300B can deliver 8 watts, actually RCA808 can up to 12 watts, but really red hot. now 5 watt look more comfort for them, only reason for this is 808 in positive bias driving, sound completely different, my personal favor. big power supply in left, just for a 5 watts amp
Tony KY Ma

Attachments

• Systems of Equations Sheet 24 049.jpg
    Systems of Equations Sheet 24 049.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,564
  • Systems of Equations Sheet 24 048.jpg
    Systems of Equations Sheet 24 048.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,565