Phonic MAX2500 Service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
I apologize me for my English ,
I am using traslator .

I am interested in the class H of phonic max-500

in the photo give only three couples of BJT endings,
I think toshiba 2sc5200 /2sa.

he should have only 200 W rms 8 Ohm, it has 500 of them instead ,
Why?

have you felt him/it play?

Does it seem yourself to fine play?

I would like to read in detail the scheme.

Ciao !

Hi Zeonrider,

thanks for schematic, it is very detailed, but the idling current value is not suitable .
reading it scheme, it seems me that this is ampli is not in class H , but in class G , also Yamaha M80 and mx1000 ( supply low 40+40 volt, supply high 90 +90).

Max 2500 have supply low at 55+55 , high at 100+100 , besides
the superior voltage is manged form any one mosfet, instead of a double couple of BJT ( yamaha mx1000, what it also has three couples of toshiba on low supply ).
Until here everything well,
but I believe that the phonic has a weak point that is the smalls condensers ( 10000 +10000 in series = 5000 mF ) and 3300 on the low supply .
The Yamaha MX1000 have 47000 +47000 in high e 40000+40000 in low supply. It have 380 watt RMS 8 Ohm .
Thing you think of it?

Sandro

another blown phonic max2500

attention: Zeonrider, Sandor626

need help, I have a blown phonic max2500 in my shop, some parts (resistors) were burned even the pcb markings were charred, it would be very hard to identify the burned components, I would like to ask a copy of its schematic diagram and if possible the copy of its parts placement guide please. Thank you very much. Have a good day everyone.

P.S. I still like the phonic Mar series and the Xp series they are really tough amp.
P.S. I have seen the new phonic dmx series, the board were the QSC RMX Series just like the Beringer EP2500. Can someone enlighten me on this. thanks

Attachments

• phonic.jpg
    phonic.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 810
Hi,
I have checked the tide of bias of my max 2500. I have found a value of 1 mV to the heads of the resistance of emitter from 0.22 Ohm.
I believe that with this value the tide of bias is too much low.
In fact I have regulated the bias on a new value of 10 mV.
The seems sound me immediately very more defined and accurate (first it was a few strident).
The amplifier is also cold well this way.
Comments

zeonrider would you happen to have the service manual for the Phonic Max 1500?

I picked one up today (for £5!) and channel 2 is crackly... It may just be dust in the pot, but if you could send me the service manual ( email = vvillm @ gmail.com ) then that would be excellent!

Hi to all!

I, have all shematic and service manuals,but HD with all sch. stoped working.

If someone have PCB for Western Digital WD1200(WD Caviar) Serial ATA from 2003.

Model: WD1200JD-75GBBO.

Again if someone have send me and I'll sen you full service manual.

Sorry!!

Regards zeoN_Rider

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.