Phoenix Gold XS2300

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally received the parts replaced all that was needed only to remember D13 was shorted. It's a 1W 15V zener, have to check radio crap tomorrow or work.

I also assumed D101-104, 108,109 were all 1n4148's. Q101 and Q108 were C2362K, not
2sc2389. Is that going to be an issue?

Yes all other diodes are 1n4148 type. D13 is a 1N4148 according to my info so perhaps your confusing it with D15 which is a 15 volt and very near by, and connected to D13

What REV is your board ? I am working off Production REV D information and it calls out 2SC2389 as the Diff pair which is common to all PG amps I have ever worked on, Sooo I am not so sure your dealing with factory parts if its not 2SC2389. Perhaps someone has replaced them before which might explain why the standard part from the BOM is not their...:eek:

Finally got back to this thing. I'm not sure what rev, would have to pull the board. The +15V zener is D13 on this one.

I had to order a group of NE5532's and 15V zener's. What I failed to remember after rebuilding the channel was the +15V zener was shorted, that had essentially pushed full voltage to the cross over board. I replaced all (4) of the NE5532 opamps and the amp is functional.

Adjust bias pots and load test prior to letting it go back to the owner.

Thanks again 1moreamp and nickparr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.