philips cd850 MKII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My KC-7 is finished, but not mounted in the player now

I'm waiting for the decoupling caps for the TDA1541, but haven't finished it's layout now too

But I think I will wait some more weeks. Now I haven't much time to take an hour or two listen to music, even less for diying...
It isn't optimal for listening tests :(

Upto now just changed the opamps to OPA2134 which made a difference (positive).
Much better improvement however I had with the DDDAC1543. I now use the digital out of the player, but since the sound improved so much i will certainly try I2S and a similar dac.

Greetz

cd850 schematics

i've had this cd850 since new early 90's i think
time for upgrades
it uses separate phono pcb for headphones jrc4556 opamp and for audio out 2 jrc5534's
i am looking for circuit diagrams to upgrade this cdp
it still works and look near new
only after last move did i loose the original box.
please help
allan

I have CD850MkII too, and I made some very small modification (100nF ceramics parallel with the PSU filters). I planned to change the output muting transistors with reed relays, but without the schematics, I don't want to start it.
If anybody can send me the schematic, please!

sajti

andy2667 said:
Hello,

Is the Marantz CD62 identical to Philips CD850MKII. I have a chance to get a Philis CD850 or a Marantz CD62. The CD62 is cheaper than the CD850. The CD62 is also in a better condition. If the cd62 IS A cLONE OF 850mkii, I will buy the CD62.

Thanks

Andy

I have a CD62
it's very similar to the 850MKII, and different from the 850MKI

the only difference I saw between the CD62 and CD850MKII is that the headphone output has no volume control (full volume all the time, that's really baddly designed)

oh, and the CD62 looks soo nice :)

CD850s are everwhere!

with the amount of interest in the cd850 series
anyone like to share suggestions, experiences good or bad, views
someone may have found a new idea or limitation.
I have just changed opamp so far, undecided which reclock to use,
use internal dacs or external dac system
any views

I used to own a CD850 MK1.. The most bizarre upgrade was putting a rubber grommet on a crystal... I established later that this was not the the CDP clock but the clock for the FTS cct!!!!!! Damping the cdp clock crystal improved things further. I had a clock 2 trichord in mine later on.
OPA176 op amps sounded lovely and so did BYT53 diodes...

Quite sure the DC blocking caps are crappy as std.... Hoook it up with a decent mains lead and listen to the player while swapping mains polarity, the right way sounds way better then the wrong way :))

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.