Philips cd650 transport problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CD650

tubee said:
I have a CD 640 manual, but this is (a little) different from your 650 i think. Unfortunately is my USB scanner offline because i'm now using a non USB Compaq, old but works fine.

With my cd 640 -2 is -9 V +/- 2 V it splits up from a transistor in -2 and -2A.

-2A goes to FTS/control display PCB. -2 to Servo pcb.

The (1N4002) rectifier diodes maybe dead,or in the connection from power supply to mains transformer is something wrong, check those wires too.

There is a small transistor between -2A and -2 also, a small BC818/16 SMD one, check if you have something like that, the BC818 maybe dead also.

The transformer has a lot of branches/voltages, maybe the branch to the PS has no AC on it? Good luck.

Hi,
After checking, I found the BC818 was damaged. However, I can't find the BC818 in Taiwan. Can I use BC817 instead?
Thanks

At the time i asked for a replacement transistor in the parts-store. They looked in the computer for an equivalent type, it was a regular to-92 one, the BC635 and works fine. You have to check the connections, Base Emitter and Collector are different, bending the feet a little and solder it on the islands, the flat side of TO92 to PCB.

But maybe is BC 817 good also, check for datasheet on the net.

Good Luck

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Netlist said:
I’ll have an in-depth look at the schematic and the faults mentioned in this thread and will post possible solutions in the next few days.
Since the manual I have is too incomplete I find it better not to post possibly wrong information. If anyone with a complete manual would like to mail it, I'm prepared to have a second look.

/Hugo :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.