Perreaux SM-2 need help with output transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to rebuild my Perreaux SM-2 preamplifier. As far as I know small transistors are MPSA92/42 and outputs are VNO116N2, VPO116N2 (aren't available).

Could you please tell me if it's possible to swap output devices with e.g IRF610/9610 or smth similar?

Thanks! :)

28534475343_0a749b4295_o.png

OK, I will try 2SK213/2SJ76. I don't wanna change tone of this preamp using bipolars :)

Thank you for advice.

I have one more question about gain in this preamplifier. It sounds so good, but when I slightly turn the volume up, I have about 1-2V on output. As you can see in pdf below, this pre have 27V max output voltage :O. Can I change R122 or R139 for reduce gain ?

http://www.perreaux.com/files/dmfile/029-SM2.pdf

I suspect, from looking at the biassing string (3 diodes and 1 zener) that it originally had normal (vertical) FETs in circuit rather than laterals. Laterals would need at most 2 diodes for bias so you'll probably want to short one diode and the 4.7V zener.

Reducing the gain would be a bit tricky. I'd use a step-down transformer on the output myself to get lower gain.

OK, so maybe I will try to use IRF's before and measure BIAS fluctuation.

I would not do that ... at least not without vgs multiplier without one amplifier will go into thermal runaway... pufff.

What I would do is get 10 pieces of ZVN3310A and 20 pieces of ZVP3310A, and tried to find the best couples among the N-channel and P-channel M-fet. These M-fets are of the same type as those you want to replace, but you'll need to set up a heat sink on them that will connect them to thermally and dissipate excessive heat (without a heatsink they can dissipate approx. 220mW max.), it will not be too difficult because they have the front and back flat. Buy this from ebay seller from Israel, they are genuine (I have;))

wanting a copy of the Perreaux 2 circuit

Hi,

I want to rebuild my Perreaux SM-2 preamplifier. As far as I know small transistors are MPSA92/42 and outputs are VNO116N2, VPO116N2 (aren't available).

Could you please tell me if it's possible to swap output devices with e.g IRF610/9610 or smth similar?

Thanks! :)

28534475343_0a749b4295_o.png
hi how are you guys i am repairing a perreaux SM- 2 preamp with a mute relay problem i was wondering would you mind suppling me a coppy of the circuit thanks Ian eletrontube42@gmail.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.