• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Pensil Pics, lets show 'em!

curvy Pensils - Alpair7.3 - flat sliced Black Walnut sides, figured Anigre fronts, Solid Surface base plinths

and a lil bit of blood, sweat & tears.

Attachments

• 2015-10-28 19.36.50 HDR.jpg
    2015-10-28 19.36.50 HDR.jpg
    830.7 KB · Views: 534
If by hollow you mean the chamfer on the rear side of driver opening, yes - with drivers as shallow as any of the MA 70mm series, that's probably at least as important as recessing for flush mounting. I always do both with any small FR driver with a frame as thick as these.

Thank you, sorry for my english but I mean the hollow around the front of driver

If by "rubber sockets" you mean feet, I've never been a fan of spikes on either floorstanding enclosures, or stands for monitor sized enclosures. After damaging several carpets and hardwood floors, I've only used thin self adhesive backed felt furniture glides for smaller builds, and the teflon versions for the heavier ones - and nothing that attaches with a nail / tack.

nice pair, those girls are - my wife doesn't let me say that to her anymore

:D thank you, my wife didn't know about my new girls :eek:

Nice work alexdelli!

thank you, but I'm very tired, for me it's a new kind of work.

Very nice alexdelli, I like the color you chose, it goes really well with the driver and your decor.

thank you, I prefer another kind of color, but this is the result of a mistake :rolleyes:

Hi alexdelli,

Dusky beauties you've got there! :D

How do they sound? Do share your listening impressions.

thank you, at the moment there isn't any stuffing inside, so the sound is not clear, but listening Pavarotti they impressed me a lot. They sound better than my prevision.

alexdelli - beautiful execution! Are those veneers? if yes, what type are they?

thank you, no, it is a wood effect using a rubber tool, but for a better result I have to improve my technique. It is necessary to use the tool more slowly and with less undulatory movement.

TO ALL: sorry for my english but I'm using google translator :eek:

next days I'll post a video on youtube :cool: