PeeCeeBee

Hi Shaan and others,
Here is yet another version of PeeCeeBee (Not tested). I basically followed Jason's Schematic and layout but for 2SJ1058/2SK162 pair. Only additional change is the provision for MT trimmer resistor(3296W) in place of off1-off2 , as most people in their build in this thread mentioned that they used trimmer to get the final values of off1-off2, which then were replaced with closest resistors. Note that the 2SJ/2Sk pair are intended to be mounted from the bottom of the board.
Any comments from any members are welcome. I has been a good and learning layout exercise for me.
reg
prasi

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    261.9 KB · Views: 742
Hi Prasi,

Apply some creativity, here's how I did it. A not so thick heatsink but I added
multiple fins as heat dissipator, works very good as well :D

Hey thats really good. Can post a shot of whats the inside arrangement? Unfortunately I am not so skilled as it comes to physically building something.
reg
prasi

Hi prasi. :wave:

The layout looks good.

Only those thin traces near C5 and C6 troubles me a little. As these carry the ground potential I think replacing the traces with pads for double jumpers will be a lot better electrically.

Thanks for sharing ^^
shaan

Last edited:

The layout looks good.

Only those thin traces near C5 and C6 troubles me a little. As these carry the ground potential I think replacing the traces with pads for double jumpers will be a lot better electrically.

Thanks for sharing ^^
shaan

Hi Shaan,
Are you talking about the faint blue lines/traces? those are jumpers and I will make two of them jumpers as you suggested.
reg
Prasi

The layout looks good.

Thanks for sharing ^^
shaan

Hi Shaan,
here is the modified layout as per your suggestion. I have also tried to connect zobel under the board as shown. Is it advisable?, because the trace connecting with zobel passes very close to the "S" of 2SJ162.
reg
prasi

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    127 KB · Views: 763
I think increasing the board size a bit will solve the accommodation problem for all the parts near the power section. Try not to overlap a component's marker by another and I think this will leave ample space for adequate placement of the zobel and the triple jumpers. And also, the zobel should be terminated at the center ground point, not on either side. :2c:

I think increasing the board size a bit will solve the accommodation problem for all the parts near the power section. Try not to overlap a component's marker by another and I think this will leave ample space for adequate placement of the zobel and the triple jumpers. And also, the zobel should be terminated at the center ground point, not on either side. :2c:

thanks for your reply, I will leave out the zobel and connect it at spk terminals. I wanted this to be the smallest PEECEEBEE with film i/p cap and with trimmers and all TH parts;). OK I will re-work the layout a bit.

my first attempt, hope many more will come, just finished , not connected yet
thanks to shaan who helped a lot , whos pcb i am using , and thanks to LC and all fellow diyers here with out them this would not be possible

Attachments

• IMG_20151015_033454.jpg
    IMG_20151015_033454.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_20151015_033512.jpg
    IMG_20151015_033512.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_20151015_033524.jpg
    IMG_20151015_033524.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 517