PeeCeeBee

Hey Guys,

I didn't have anything to work on and had some extra parts so I thought I'd try my hand at a breadboard Peeceebee. I basically followed Shaan's layout. After I got one board going I built a second and tried shuffling things around a little to see if I could make it easier to build. That didn't work as I had more trouble getting the second one working. Of course that gave me a chance to do some trouble shooting which is a good thing for me. I felt pretty good that I was able to find the problem and now it is playing sweetly. Just thought I would share. what a great little amp!

Blessings, Terry

Attachments

• PCB Breadboard style.jpg
    PCB Breadboard style.jpg
    656.1 KB · Views: 703
Yeah I think you are right Jason.

The small physical footprint tells little about the amp's sonix. Once someone realizes what this littlest vssa variant can do to the sound, the fun begins and there is no chance to be bored, of the job as well as the music.

I'm very happy that Terry found my layout to be do-able. Special thanks for sharing.

some skeptics cannot see that this little david can sound goliath! :)
:nod::up:
Same with me, there some people here listening my PeeCeeBee...
They don't believe it sound because it is louder than goliath :D
(I only use 25VCT to supply it & with BD139-140 VAS)

Hi guys. Wish you all a very happy new year.

Bravo Terry. Love the the looks of your veroboard peeceebees.

:worship:

Enjoy.
shaan
:wave:
Hi Shaan,
we all miss you.

Happy New Year too
& welcome back home :)

Hey Guys,

I didn't have anything to work on and had some extra parts so I thought I'd try my hand at a breadboard Peeceebee. I basically followed Shaan's layout. After I got one board going I built a second and tried shuffling things around a little to see if I could make it easier to build. That didn't work as I had more trouble getting the second one working. Of course that gave me a chance to do some trouble shooting which is a good thing for me. I felt pretty good that I was able to find the problem and now it is playing sweetly. Just thought I would share. what a great little amp!

Blessings, Terry
Hi Terry,
very nice build, very inspiring
next, there will be more PeeCeeBee like that :cool:

Regards
John

Last edited:
Hi Shaan and special for Bli John,

Thanks for sharing VSSA PCB design, i was try this layout (Bli John version)
and enjoy the sound. very creamy sound, and like live from the stage :D

Thanks to Bli John for your best answer my all questions for fix my project.

Next i will try for all BJT version, anyone who has tried all BJT version?? any review?

BR//
Madde,

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 834
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    696.8 KB · Views: 784
  • Image00003.jpg
    Image00003.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 731
  • Image00004.jpg
    Image00004.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 693
  • Image00005.jpg
    Image00005.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 650
  • Image00006.jpg
    Image00006.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 245
Hi Shaan and special for Bli John,

Thanks for sharing VSSA PCB design, i was try this layout (Bli John version)
and enjoy the sound. very creamy sound, and like live from the stage :D

Thanks to Bli John for your best answer my all questions for fix my project.

Next i will try for all BJT version, anyone who has tried all BJT version?? any review?

BR//
Madde,

I want to try all BJT version, with modular OPS like Ostripper and VAS using Hawsford cascode. PCB ready for a couple days later.

Many Thank Shaan,

how about bjt version? it's recommended to build or any suggestion for next step to build vssa series? i want to build with 2 pairs tr final for drive sub-woofer, do i make with full bjt or mosfet for tr final?

I have VFA amp and it is better in low frequency than VSSA (CFA amp). For sub woofer I suggest you to use VFA amp. Please see "CFA Topology Audio Amplifiers" thread.