• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PeeCeeBee V4 GB!

Joined 2010
Paid Member
BAV21

Hi kpsthakur.

I have funally procured a bunch of the BAV21 diodes so if you need them just let me know.

The main two requirements from these two diodes in both amplifiers are very fast operation and very low reverse capacitance. So MUR won't be nearly as good as these tiny glass beads.

shaan,

Are you offering these to the public. If so how many are needed for stereo/how many available. If available, can they be sent with the psu's.

MM

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Myles.

Yes I think I can source them for anyone who needs. But these diodes are for V4H. The "omnipresent" 1N4148 can be used safely in V4.

Sure these can be sent with the PSU. Cost 2USD for 10 pieces.

shaan,

I am planning to build the V4H (I have the V4H pcbs). I am waiting for the invoice for the PSU. Would you include 20 pieces of the diodes (I like extra's).

Thanks for the reply about the build guide. I have lots of time to build so no worries.

MM

I have a humble suggestion to make.

The Peeceebee has gone through a few versions in a comparatively short time. Each version has its strengths and weaknesses, judging which, again, could be somewhat subjective. When an enthusiast, for various reasons including happening upon the thread very late, elects to build and personally evaluate a version, sadly it has been superseded, and the pcb is no longer available....
:-(

Mr Shaan has taken up a lot of responsibilities purely out of his spirit and enthusiasm for the hobby. But I don't know if I will be demanding too much of him if I ask that he keep in "cold storage" a fair number of the pcbs for various versions so that this very real need could be satisfied.

Group buys are fine, especially when enthusiasm soars. I recall the occasion when he chose to give away his surplus stock of an early version. A noble gesture that anybody would applaud. But I still feel that at least a dozen pcbs could have been kept aside.

The next best thing would be to make available both the pdf and the Gerbers for the pcb so that builders are helped in their quest. I trust my feelings are shared by a fair segment of enthusiasts.

Warm regards,

--UKP