PCBs from pdf files

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could have redrawn it by now!
:D :D

If you don't mind for butting in.
When I try to open it I get this. (see screenprint)
There is sure something wrong with your ACAD file.

Regards

Attachments

• pcb.jpg
    pcb.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 161
Pinkmouse... I think you're right!

And you know, fanatacism is about extremism... but all the silly "star" shaped stuff is just that... silly. It's not art... it's science... put down a square of copper and put the connects around the edge. If you have friends that want to marvel at the star shapes... you need new friends (joking...sorta). All those angles will drive you nuts...

A few nanoOhms of resistive mismatch means nothing... unless of course you are going to weigh the amount of solder you put on each hole... and cut all the wires the same length.

poobah said:
Pinkmouse... I think you're right!

And you know, fanatacism is about extremism... but all the silly "star" shaped stuff is just that... silly. It's not art... it's science... put down a square of copper and put the connects around the edge. If you have friends that want to marvel at the star shapes... you need new friends (joking...sorta). All those angles will drive you nuts...

A few nanoOhms of resistive mismatch means nothing... unless of course you are going to weigh the amount of solder you put on each hole... and cut all the wires the same length.

I think the designer was just trying to make it look nice. A square would be fine, I'm sure. A smaller star point without the "islands" would be better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.