• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB order for Goldmun clone

This whole Goldmund thread is funny as hell! Would be a great reality TV show.

Krisfr you are all over the place, Nagy's hunter.

Nagy's you have a lot of haterz on your tail, but you also have a good number of people that are taking your word that thing works, and who wouldn't considering you were the one who put this schematic up and have built a few of these. I hope you are not lying when you say that you know this thing inside out.

I know the risk I am taking, so I'm gambling $50 for the boards. I took the risk and built Carlos Blame ES that was supposedly a taboo from experts around here and it is working and sound really good. The number one thing is that I enjoyed building and listening to it.

I signed up for the boards, but I will wait till you or someone else builds.

After this I will build the Goodmund also if it ever comes forth!

Hi Wendell,

You know the risk, but can you stand it? Knowing is one thing, taking it lightly is another. Seems like someone had been yelling at this.

I hope that, if not all, at least most of the buyers can see it the way you do. It is great you 'enjoy the process, not just the result'. I don't know if this is how people look at diying, but I am.

Last time OKAY

Naygys:

U asked for my help by name, I was the firs to try and help. OK.

Do not tell me that you wasted your precious time reading the other thread, carful you might learn something if you do.

Seriously: I would be ashamed to post and publish a picture of my own amplifier with the COLD joints and flux emanating from EVERY joint. If for no other reason than basic electronic sense, clean your joints, re-solder the cold ones. If you are comfortable with that amp so be it. I would not be, even IF I never showed it to ANY one...

I truly hope this is the last time :)

Goldmund didn't clean the flux from their joints... So what? What exactly is the big deal? I didn't build this amplifier and I could care less. They didn't clean it because it has absolutely no affect on the proper functionality of the amplifier.

But for you to say that it has cold solder joints is a plain lie, or you're completely blind. Not a single one is a cold solder joint.

Big Panda, yes I can stand the risk that is why I am willing to take it. It is not like I am spending $700 on a kit not knowing if it will work or not.;)

I also believe most people who are in the Groupbuy see it the same. The warnings and concerns have been brought up more than once and Nagy's has even said that all is ok only to make minor changes here and there more than once. If they they were not willing to take the risk than they would have backed out by now.

I think the biggest concern for me is whether the layout is optimal as others have said.

Everyone that has contributed to this thread have been more than helpful but I understand that Nagy's wants Goldmund clone and is not wanting to deviate too much from the original. Now maybe folk may have gotten annoyed of Nagy's being so stubborn but he has his reasons. So lets leave it at that, there is no need for personal insults, as we are all adults here. There is no need in keep trying to drill a point to Nagy's already knowing that he is set with this particular design, It will only drive you to insanity.

I think the bigger risk is me sending you money for the PCB and I not get it:xfingers:LOL

Thanks very much for the advice guys.
I'm very much in 2 minds whether to try building this or not. But perhaps a $700 outlay when I really don't (yet) know what I'm doing is a little much.
I shall check out the DX amps, but continue to watch with intersest, and perhaps buy the PCBs in case I can find someone to help me build this one.
Cheers
Steve