• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

PCB Group Buy for the "DAC + headphone amp" Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got'cha! :)

Tuliman said:
Shipping to Europe, non-EU country...? And payment?
Thank you.

I will discuss payment options in a bit ;)

Typical lettermail postage to off the N.A. continent is ~ $12USD. However I would strongly recommend making it $14USD for Small Packet Airmail, as we've had a 50% lost-mail rate, especially to south pacific countries with oversize lettermail or ground parcel :xeye:

Hi all,

Current count so far is:

Geek - 1
mbcouple - 1 or 2
Ryssen - 1
jleaman - 1
edjosh23 - 1
naz - 1
matjans - 1 or 2
PM650 - 1
chengtaw - 1
AndyB - 1 or 2
ipolyakov - 1
Illusus - 1
proagua - 1
curva - 1
MattN - 2
doobooloo - 1 or 2
Mike D - 1
kennylee - 1
rjkdivin - 2

A question to:

mbcouple - 1 or 2
matjans - 1 or 2
AndyB - 1 or 2
doobooloo - 1 or 2

Who wants "1" and who wants "2"? I ask this because I want to close off the first round of boards at 25, as the PCB maker wants to make them in lots of 25. So if a couple of you take 2, we can close off the first round and begin the next, with possible carryover.

Payments. I'll coordinate this too, as I have a good relationship with the PCB dude.

*passes around collection plate*

Cost of one board is $27.50 USD.

Shipping for one or two boards is to be added:

Canada (lettermail): $2.20 USD
US and US dependencies (lettermail): $3.40 USD
Rest of the world (small packet air): $14.00 USD

I accept:

- PayPal (preferred). The address is geek <at> classicvalve <dot> ca
- hyperWALLET. The address is geek <at> scorpiorising <dot> ca
- International money orders (Western Union preferred of the M.O.'s).
- Pink US Postal money orders.
- Certified cheques (Canada/US only).

Please make the paper stuff payable to and send to:

Address removed at Geek's request.

It will take around 6 to 8 weeks for you to get the boards from the time enough money is collected and the process starts, depending on how cantankerous postal and customs are.

** edit **

We need updated gerbers first though with the corrections

Last edited by a moderator:
Geek said:
Please do!

We'd need these for the PCB people before we go to work, so accuracy and changes before I put in the order are welcome :)

Well, here are the mods that have to be done...

(1) cut corner off the LM1085-3.3 (foreground) and shave transformer (background)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(2) Dremel clearance into the case for pins on the PCB:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(3) Cut a quarter inch off the volume pot shaft.

I can turn the LM1085 90 degrees which fixes (1), I'm working on (2) now. Guess you'll have to live with (3) :D

update:

Even if I replace the 3.2VA +3.3V/5V transformer with the 1.6VA transformer, I can't clear the case 100%. I could replace both transformers with 1.6VA units and have perfect clearance, but I fear the +-12V transformer will overheat.

You'll still need to dremel and tape as shown above, or use the 53mm high Hammond 1455N1601 case instead of the 30mm 1455L1601 case - doing this fixes all clearance problems.

new problem!

The DAC uses the Qualtek 770W-00/02 power inlet. Problem is, Digi-Key only sells these in a quantity of 100 and I can't find any places which sell in a lower quantity than that.

But it's $51.60 USD for 100, which isn't so bad. Geek, can I suggest you place an order for these and add them to the group buy? :D

Great!

We have a confirmed 25 right now, so I will cut off the first round here. Any more wanted, just say so and your names will be carried over for when we go to round two.

Fellas, when your sending your payments, can you also include your DIY handles here so I can mark who's paid? Some of you I know and some are obvious, but others are not so...

Gary - I'll check my wholesalers for you.

Geek -

Am I still in the confirmed 25 list? If so, do I have one or two boards reserved? I'm fine with either, especially if there will be a second batch that I can source more boards from if I decide to build a few variations.

I tried emailing you, but seems like you have it turned off. Sorry for posting this here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.