PC Soundcard experiences with Tripath amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pierre, the number is 570874 - 89.
Dean, I listened to the AMP1B again last night and it only gives a little bit nof hiss at startup which disappears after a minute or 2.
Heard no whistle. I don't know either what to do next in your case. Maybe use it as a stereo amp. not bridged.
I am building the Amp 2 and it also uses the VN10 supply. Will see what it does here.

Hi Chris,

The TA2022 datasheets show the VN10 supply filtered by a 100uF cap, and decoupled by a 0.1uF located close to the pins. When you mention Vss, do you mean Vnn (Tripath data sheet negative rail)? I can try decoupling VN10 to VNN to see if that makes a difference.

Regards,
Dean

Hi Dean,

Ya the TA2022 wasn't the datasheet I was looking at in particular.

VNN1 and VNN2 both tie together form the negative rail. If you look on the datasheet you'll see those bypass caps going from VN10, to the negative rail, and the caps should be as close to the pins as possible, like right on top of VN10 if you can.

The reason for this is because VN10 is actually the lower gate driver supply which floats off the negative rail.

Regards,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.