Pavel Dudek's (Upupa Epops) LM4780 amp

carlosfm said:

Are you joking Carlos?
I hope so.
We speak the same language and we have the same name.
Any problem with my name?;)
With so many members on this forum I think this is normal.
No?:usd:

Of course I am joking? Why should I have a problem with your name?

What is not normal and is laughing matter is two Carlos and two Pavels doing a confusion on the same forum. Looks like a mad hotel!

Carlos

:) :):whazzat:

If you put some smiles it's easyer to understand that you are joking.;)
This site has the most beautiful smiles in the world.:D

The confusion is that I have those mails at home, in Outlook, and in the last couple of days my PM is not working properly, but you're right, this seams like a mad hotel.:D

This faces are so funny.:usd:

Measuring of distortion on PA 03 ( LM 4780)

Yesterday I was try measured with my friend this amp. I was very pleasantly surpraised with results. Judge with me in short - ( measured was only one frequency - 6 kHz - and noninverting mode with input amp OPA 134 ). Load 4 Ohm : 250 mW : 2 nd harmonic - 75 dB, 3 rd harmonic - 88 dB . 1 W : - 79,5 2 nd / - 91 3 rd. 4 W : - 88 2 nd / - 97 3 rd. 16 W : - 90 2 nd / - 102 3 rd. 50 W : - 92 2 nd / - 108 3 rd. Load 8 Ohm : 0,5 W : - 89 2 nd / - 91 3 rd. 2 W : - 95 2 nd / - 97 3 rd. 4 W : - 98 2 nd / - 101 3 rd. 8 W : - 98 2 nd / - 102 3 rd. 16 W : - 102 2 nd / - 107 3 rd. 32 W : - 97 2 nd / - 110 3 rd. Can you wonder, that is this amp so popular ?

What's new ? I was testing this amp against PMA's new class A amp and against my old DPA 380 ( mosfet, error correction). Both this amp have extremly low distortion, so competition was hard ;) . I can't say that sound is the same, but I may say, that in comparision related to price and " easy to made " is this amp definite winner. Sound is little different, which is caused by quasycomplementary connection and every this ones have by my experiences different sound ( both others are complement ). I mean, that guys from NS give to people with this type of amp maximum of possible. Soud is little less jingle such then other ones, but distortion is not hearable ( look at measuring results above ). This relatively comlicated modul I can make about six hours and Brian's modification one or two, while classical amp about five days :cool: . Now my frieds are making own and when they will be ready, I will be refering here their experiences :) .