Pavel Dudek's (Upupa Epops) LM4780 amp

one more picture...More when I get the metal work finished on the chassis.

Thanks again Pavel!

-claiborne

Attachments

• pa03-037.jpg
    pa03-037.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 986
Completed 6ch Amp

Just wanted to share my implementation of 3 boards.

It's 700VA Toroid with 6 Secondaries at 27 Volts. (special) Softstart from Per-Anders.

Balanced XLR-Inputs

Hifi2000 chassis from Audiokit.it

Hot Stand-By with Signal sensor.

40 cm Fischer heat-sinks.

It's used in a 3-way active XOver setup.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I like the sound very much, it's crisp and clear, but still a solid bottom.

OKI, I get it around the "lampsladd" :) Will fix, it's.

"Shielded input wire" ... do you mean the connects from XLR --> Board input? ... Currently it's twisted with grounded wires so it should be OK shielded anyway.

It's very silent without signal, not the slightest hum or noise.

The case is a Hifi2000 "pesante" with extra thick 10 mm Alu frontplate. I bought it from Audiokit.it.

The sound is very clear and crisp. First impression is thin, but it's after a while you realize that it's quite powerful and has a great deal of punch in the bass as well. I'm using it in a tri-amp setup i.e. each amp stage drives one single driver directly.

It is project of " CompromisLessCrossover " - CLC1 - with variable configuration ( 2 - 2,5 - 3 - 3,5 - 4 way ), analog - 24 dB/oct, with many setups ( switchable frequencies, phase correction, speaker correction, baffle step, subsonic filter etc... ). Project is still in developement, but I hope it will be ready this year... All is made by small modules, which are usable also in other equipment ... This is all in short... :cool: