Patent input selector by Z audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think this idea is anything new. Looks to me to be a set of latching relays, where each momentary switch on the front sets one relay and resets the other four. I briefly considered this setup for one of my projects, but decided against it because of its higher parts count over a microcontroller solution.

Also, you said you didn't want to use a microcontroller because of noise concerns? If so, I would definitely avoid using a (likely switchmode) wall wart power supply. An internal linear supply would be lower noise.

Hello amc184!
First this unit uses simple dual contacts to switch L&R channel and is not latching relays .They are Nais If you want I can give you original part number and they have 8 pins 2 for the coil and the rest 6 for switching!!!!!
I am also using Motorola external power supply but not Switching mode, Just linear, and inside input selector I have Voltage regulator for 5 volts with 2200 input and 1000 microF at the output.
Thank you!

good work and nice box
and good working, too

If was anyone other posting this, we would say Great!
How did you do it .. can we build from your layout.

Nobody can stop you from keeping secret.
Nobody can stop you from paying money for patent.
It is your business.
It is not diyaudio .. at least not for me :(

Good luck.
Do not listen too much to bad comments, zoran.

Regards to makedonian people ;)

Lineup - diy audio builder and explorer

Thank you lineup!
Of course that is possible to make this device because it is working and as you can see nothing is fake here I am just telling the truth.
I don't have any job in the present time but I can work with audio things 24 hours and don't get bored.But this situation here is not so good and I don't like to work for 100 euros per month!
The schematic of this is not wrote on a paper or in the computer, I did not have time for that because was occupied with hardware work on this device since I did it first experiment and it worked.
So I need a time to think what to do with this project, everybody wants the schematic, but maybe this is nothing new,perhaps it is done in other fields of industry, I am not sure about that.
I think that this similar can be done by using a logic circuits 4000 or 74...series, but I never tried that, and about a PIC, I eliminated because I am not very big fan of any digital here in my audio system but I also listening music from my Marantz cd 67se cd player, It sounds very close to analog!
So please wait, I need a time for rest and think about this, If you don't believe it I am ready to show this personaly, of course with coffe sum cigarettes and a good music.
Thank you for wishes about our nation.
By best regard.

prior art

If You wanna patent this - there is my "prior art" :) . I built this more than 10 years ago. As relays switch I used mechanical switches, but SAS580/590 can also be used (if still avaiable, datasheet is on datasheet4u.com), so it can work like Yours. Beside input switches there are two buffers. One with op-amp for amplifier, and one with these two metal-case transistors (emiter follower) for tape output. Schematic is in my head, but there is nothing more than written above - just input switch and two buffers.

P.S. sorry for photo quality - it is the best than I can get with my cell phone.

Attachments

• z004.jpg
    z004.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 579
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hello ZAudio,
It's a nice unit but whats "Patentable" about it. I built a similar unit over 10years ago, a CMOS 4017, an oscillator that runs only when the buttons are pressed and thats it. Zero quiescent current + add a backup cap and it remembers what state it was last in.
Show us your circuit, we are all interested :)

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
zoranaudio said:
What do you know about quality system?
Who do you think you are?
I don't care what some isolated person says!
Just look at your job and don't read this.
By the way Italo Disco is one of my favorite, I have everything from this genre on Vinyl or digital format.

Hello Zoran,

I think you really need to share the circuit if you want to keep us interested. The video showed that it works. OK, so do all the selectors we have at our homes.
You told us it is a bit special. Tell us more!
Some will say it is not special. Accept it. Then move on to your next project, learn from this and make something even smarter. That's audio-diy.

Jan Didden

4 Channel relay controller, for 5 Volt audio relay

This is one usual way
to make simple 4 channel audio relay controller.

Uses one CMOS 4028 BCD to 1 of 10 decoder.

In this circuit i have uses LED+100 Ohm in place of 5 Volt relay coils.

Not much to explain.

a) Each time we press one push button ( J1 - J4 ) the other 3 are set to zero.
There can only be NONE or ONE channel active (high output from CMOS pin)

b) At power on no relay is activate.

c) I have added one RESET button.
This is attached to VDD, power supply pin of 4028.

Lineup

Attachments

• 1b_4channel_switch.png
    1b_4channel_switch.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 520
yes. does not take much

* 5 Volt 3pin regulator
* 4028 logic IC (low price)
* 4 + 4 100k/10k resistors
* 4 push buttons, NO (normal off)
* 1 push button, NC (normal closed)
* 4 transistors (mosfet or bipolar)
* 4 relays for 5 Volt DC
*Note:
You can use 12 Volt DC relays.
In this case you need one 12 VDC regulator, too
To supply relays and the open collector of those 4 transistors

This circuit is a standard solution.
I have seen such applications a number of times.
My simulation (see attachment in prev post) was setup from my memory,
and worked well right 'out of the box' ;)

Simple. With One little restriction:
Max four (4) audio channels can be used.

===========

In order to add more than 4 channels,
we can complicate things and make a chain of two 4028 CMOS
and add some reset triggering function between those.
This would give 8 Audio input channels.
But not often we need more than 4 audio inputs.
In some normal preamplifier or Audio Switch Box

Lineup

zoranaudio said:
Czesc Wojtek!
Well here I dont have any op. amp buffer cos this planned only for one out to the amp. and nothing more....for tape recording...
and I am Using smart discrete routine to completely drive the relays the way I like.
No software, just simple like an insect!

SAS580/590 are simple analog circuits - no oscillators, no software (read dataheet). These was used on old TV receivers to switch memory. It work's like circuit posted by lineup. These chips also don't require switches - they are driven by touch.

Adn about my op-amp buffer and tape output - these are extensions ;)

A, i znasz polski?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.