Passive I5 heatsinkUSA 3Dprinting BikeSpoke PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is a Work in progress.

It is a totally passive but quite powerful small PC made with intel DQ77KB miniITX thin board with the CPU mounted to a piece of heatsinkUSA heatsink, then with 3D printed corners/feet and bike spokes to keep Things neat but well ventilated.

5ZLj5.jpg

Here is the imgur album so far.
mini heavy - Imgur

CPU = intel i5 3475s 2.9/3.6 ghz intel4000 graphics.
Hard drive = supersspeed 128 GB intel SLC flash.
8GB memory
Intel GBlan x2
2 mini pcie slots for wifi radios/additional SSD if needed.
USB 3.
HDMI.

Yes, I didn't need a fancy graphics card because its just for Driving a TV by HDMI and intel 4000 is good enough (no serious gaming), and audio also goes out by HDMI to my reciever.

Maybe you could make a larger box and use heat pipes part kind of like my old version.

littleheavy - Imgur

I got the heatpipes fairly cheaply by getting one of those zalman hard drive coolers and ripping out the heat pipes.

Last edited:
Maybe you could make a larger box and use heat pipes part kind of like my old version.

littleheavy - Imgur

I got the heatpipes fairly cheaply by getting one of those zalman hard drive coolers and ripping out the heat pipes.

Love both of your projects, Neutron - truly innovative and inspiring, espacially your newest build.

Wrt. the "littleheavy" - searched for a thread here to explain those of the pics that aren´t self-explanatory; looks like you tried different blocks/heatpipe combinations?

/Finn

Oh, sorry you can find it on hardforum.com I did have to increase the amount of heat pipes after I changed CPU,

I was a bit lazy with that project and started using it before it was completely finished. (Using it now, it will be finished up and changed to another use after it get usurped by the new one)

Little Heavy. - [H]ard|Forum.

Next up, matching triamps, I have the heatsinks allready.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.