Pass mosfet citation 12 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

You are very fast in building amp! How do you like the sound? Will you try also the complementary version? I didn't start mine yet because I am busy with an another amp.

Regarding the bias of my quasi complementary version, I set it 150 ma when amp is cold and I have around 100 ma when amp is warm. (I used IRFP240).

The laterals have arrived!!

001.jpg

003.jpg

ok laterals did not work in this design, with a dummyload it kinda worked but i was only able to get 57W into a 3.9 ohm load, with a speaker it dident work at all, oscillation, huge dc offset and loud humming.

Need to find some other design to be able to use the laterals.

Turns out they do work if the gate resistors are increased to 2.2k, tho i also added some 680pF caps to the gates and source resistors and lowered the bias even further than it was before.

Theres still a hint of a very high frequency left though but its down in the millivolts range.

Due to the lack of interest in this thread i've been thinking that maybe it doesent belong in the pass section anymore since its no longer a harman kardon/pass design after my changes.

Perhaps this thread would fit better in the solid state section ?
What do you think ?

Anyways i upgraded the amp by adding a second pair of output fets, output power only increased by approx 10 watts though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.