Pass Labs X1 channel switches off. Help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a pass labs x1 and I am absolutely happy with its sound qualities.
Unfurtunatly in the past month I have a problem with channels just switching of. At the beginning the problem appeared very seldom but now becomes more frequently. I had the preamp and the poweramp (krell) checked by a audiostore. He said that both amps are ok but the pass seems to be hypersensitive concerning the powergrid. Now, after a long period of try and error, I found out, that if I turn on any heavy consumer ( ofen, microwave, heater aso. ) the pass x1 switches off one or even both channels. If it does so you can not hear any klick when changing the input or muting the volume to 0. Normaly you hear the relais switching. When I turn of my ofen or the Iron the tone comes back. Sometimes it even happens when the krell does change to a higher bias level. Did not have this from the beginning. So i am wondering, if some part of the pass is worn out because of the long period of running. (No on off switch)
I have found one Thread where someone had a similar problem. He solved it by changing the IC latches. What are the IC latches? The IC's itself? And if so which ones have to be changed. Would be realy thankful for any kind of help. Thank you in Advance!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.