Pass Diy High Low Pass Please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, folks, I have set up a Wiki for those who are interested to get some pcbs, so that we understand demand and quantity and costs of boards better:

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=MOX+

I would like to encourage you to signal your demand for the boards, so that we understand better about what business we are talking. As a couple of questions are still open (final board design, who will actually manage the distribution and money collecting etc), this is not an order yet, so don't ask for price etc, just help to understand the demand.

Best Regards

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
You can give each driver its own separate bandpass filter
and feed all these filters with the same circuit, or you can
"fan" them out, as in the sample of a 4 way, where the
signal goes to the midband hi pass/low pass, and each of
those in turn drives another hi pass/low pass. With four XVR1's
(which is a 2 way) I can get filters for 5 drivers.

MuuuuHahahahahah......

When practical, I choose the first option--dedicated filters for each driver. There's less circuitry in the signal path, not to mention fewer cables. In fact, my current task is to put the line stage and crossover into the same chassis. Simpler still. Eventually the phono stage will end up in there, too. No, I'm not headed for an integrated amp, just the low-level stuff.
On the other hand, if I had easy access to a half-dozen crossovers, temptation might overwhelm me...

Grey

Magura: who is this person on your Avatar? Its driving me crazy. The thumbnail photo is too small to see if it is MM, or some other Hollywood type. I cannot concentrate on the verbiage in these posts with that woman lounging seductively nearby like that. I'll need to attach a heatsink to myself or something!!! Please advise.

Larry Wright
Seattle area:hot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.