Pass B1 clone. Configure for some gain?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You don't need veroboard or a pcb. It's a pretty simple circuit.

Attachments

• 20130522_224432.jpg
    20130522_224432.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 361
  • jfet boz small-1.pdf
    25.8 KB · Views: 113
Now Tubecad did talk about how a unity gain buffer might be rewired for 6db
of gain. Might be interesting to try this with the B1. Just return the output directly to ground and make the center of the power suply now become the output.

Attachments

• inverted diamond buffer topology.png
    inverted diamond buffer topology.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 188
Looks like an ideal solution for getting some extra gain for my b1 and phono stage, in need of some gain.

What is the gain from this? And would you recommend a good value for the caps?

Appreciate your feed back on the performance of the BOZ :)

Cheers

If I remember correctly i think its about 25 gain. Cap value is 10uf. Jfets need to be matched and source and drain resistor values may need to change based on jfet idss. Runs at about 16v rails...you may be able to use your psu from the b1 although the jboz will be more critical of the supply quality. I used 12 aa batteries. With only 2 active devices the draw is pretty low.

Sound is good but its a simple design that is not the ultimate preamp. I liked it in front of an f5 betterr than a passive pre. I have since moved on to a pass ba3 front end pre. Its better. I adssume zenmods pre or jumas pre would be better too. But the jfet boz is good. Just lacks a little refinement and detail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.