Parts in Mumbai (India)

I use chromo paper (one side glossy with china clay). Very cheap paper: 500 pieces A4 size I paid Rs 120/-. Purchased 4 years back, I think I can use it my whole life....
Address where it can be found is given in this thread in one of my post. They can ship also.

Roushon.

Dry flim photoresist

Yes of course we can make good diy pcb's if all the needed material is available , But not all are able to to get that. And to say how many times you might have tried to master it.

Toner transfer method needs a lot of trial and error , which even i have tried.
It was time when i searched desperately for the perfect glossy paper, then the best laser print, then perfect ironing to transfer, and to say i have wasted lots of paper many prints and cleaned pcbs repeatedly truing to get a good track.

But photoresist film is used in professional manufacturing. It gives the perfect track you can dream abt.

I am telling this for many diyers who are still running for all the pieces to fall in one place, as i have done before.

About photoresist film , it is not available at any outlet or store in India.
It is imported by professional manufacturers for their use, and to say none of them would share even a sq.inch of it.

i got mine from a friend who is setteled in china, And has export business to India. I got a small quantity as sample.

But if i do ever need it again i will have to purchase a whole roll.
We can get it if we do a group buy.

And for ref my pcbs etched by photo resist method

hi viki if you plan on doing a group buy for photoresist count me in

Thank you very much for your post. It is exactly the
time I am looking for SMD and was thinking of searching
in LR, already asked Visha who did not have. Thanks
again for the definite source.

Roushon.

Make sure all the lead on the IC are intact if you buy IC suck on card board with cello tape usually ATmega smd ic are sold this way other ic come in tubes or small plastic covers

dear sir
plz.provide me this chromo paper.thanks

The details of how to make PCB in the toner transfer method is in post number 29. Attached please find the
address and phone number of the dealer in Mumbai.
You can order them on the phone. If you need few sheets
give me your address I will send you. I remember I
offered you before also, but you did not take.

Roushon.

Attachments

• chromo-paper.jpg
    chromo-paper.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 77
Nail polish is the easiest to get and store. NC paint is also good but you need to buy larger quantities which can also dry up pretty fast. You can thin nail polish with it's thinner ( expensive) or buy yourself a 450 ml bottle of Amyl Acetate ( bp 149 deg C ) from the chemical market and it will last you a very long time. Also useful to clean the board after etching. Acetone is also good but evaporates too fast ( bp 56 deg C ) .

I found that one has to go over the Laser printer ink as it contains pin holes. Maybe with some printers the ink is thick enough.It's a good idea to check for gaps and pin holes before etching and touch it up. If I make a board I go over all tracks with slightly thinned nail polish just to be on the safe side!

Jayadev: How is the Tek scope you bought some time ago ?

All switches work properly ? All channels working OK ?

Cheers.

Yes it does.

Honestly I must say one of the most incredible electronic gadget I have ever bought.

My useage is so far only upto 1 channel and I tracked oscillations upto 50 mhz in my amplifiers.

Sadly Iam not yet skilled enough to use it like a pro, I have to keep a calculator handy.

There are lot of features which are still alien to me.

Can I use Kapton foil as toner paper?
Does Toner ink stick to Kapton ?

Just try using any paper you can find (eg. magzines,Leaflets,catlogs, photopaper) use the one which give you best results. The is no definative guide to the tonner method its trial and error. If you want professional manufactured PCBs try seeedstudio.com, $5 for 5x5cm pcb 10pcs and 25 for 10x10cm 10pcs

Hi Roushan,

Can you send me the said Chromo Paper to Kerala?

Please Pm me the details (price etc).

Of course do let me know how you work with it.

Much thankful.

I said, every details of making is described (by me) in post no 29 in this very thread. Use hydrogen peroxide+hydrocloric acid as etchant, very nice. First dip the board in hydrocloric acid and then drip hyprogen peroxide into it and stir the solution.

I am not selling paper. You may contact the seller in Mumbai as I posted above. Few sheets I can send free, but not to too many people. Send me your address.

Roushon.

Dear Roushon, Can you post some pictures of PCB's you have made that have very fine track. Regards,

Check post no 23. I have made around 50 different types
of double sided pcbs (with SMD parts) by toner transfer
method using chromo paper. The paper is thin and one
side glossy. I have tried many different types of
papers and found this is the best. Take the laser print on
the glossy side. Take the darkest possible print. After the
toner transfered dip the board in water for at least 10 minutes, then
the paper releases the board easily.

Roushon.

Last edited:
The details of how to make PCB in the toner transfer method is in post number 29. Attached please find the
address and phone number of the dealer in Mumbai.
You can order them on the phone. If you need few sheets
give me your address I will send you. I remember I
offered you before also, but you did not take.

Roushon.
dear sir,
plz send me .i w'll pay you money as u required.thanks my address:-
Masood Ahmad Alvi
353/7,N.L.C.(new labour colony)
kidwai nagar,kanpur 208011
e-mail_ khan.shahid251@gmail.com

Just try using any paper you can find (eg. magzines,Leaflets,catlogs, photopaper) use the one which give you best results. The is no definative guide to the tonner method its trial and error. If you want professional manufactured PCBs try seeedstudio.com, $5 for 5x5cm pcb 10pcs and 25 for 10x10cm 10pcs
The problem is,'Any' kind of papers tend to bloat the ink which makes the track smudged and loose sharpness.I had once used some kind of paper,gosh the the toner wont transfer to copper no matter how much I heat.Hence the search continues.
I havent tried the Kapton yet .

Guys I wanted to change my electronics into SMDs.can you suggest place or websites in India whom deals with retail smd components ?

It would allow me to avoid lot of through hole drilling too lolz.

Last edited: