Parts in Mumbai (India)

Disappointing reply from evelta

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest and mail.
Solder with silver content is available. Please let us know the quantity you are looking for.
Also let us know the value, type and tolerance of resistors that you are looking for.
Thanks and regards
Wish you a Happy New Year!
Team Evelta

On Tue, Jan 1, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Gajanan <gmphadte at nio.org> wrote:
Kindly write some more basic info of the components like for resistor, type, tolerance etc. I want solder with silver content. Is it available.

Regards,
Gajanan Phadte

Evelta replies to my suggestion:

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for writing to us.
We value your comment and feedback. Certainly we will put more details in near future.

In the meanwhile if you want to place an order with specific requirements, please write the specifications in comment/remark option while
placing the order or please drop a mail, we will adhere to the specifications.

We wish you a Happy New Year and an active association with your group.

Thanking you
Regards
Team Evelta

My email to them:

Hi!
Came to know about your site from a friend. We really liked your site. Let me introduce ourselves. We are a `Do It Yourself' community of electronics in Mumbai (India). We plan to procure parts from you in future. As we went through your website we were happy to see that the prices
are very reasonable, but the parts are lacking more information, like for resistors please write whether it is `metal or carbon film', its tolerance etc. Similarly for other parts.

Regards
Roushon.

ahhaa I had that feeling at the first glance at the site. But then I was viewing it on my Nexus7 ( 7" display) so was not comfortable typing, and so didn't do then. But then its too much expecting from Indian Onlinestore.

Also I didn't see any component that is not available in local stores, Also it doesn't have varaity of component that the whole BOM for project can be procured to save efforts.

But for the people in remote areas this is really good site.

ahhaa I had that feeling at the first glance at the site. But then I was viewing it on my Nexus7 ( 7" display) so was not comfortable typing, and so didn't do then. But then its too much expecting from Indian Onlinestore.

Also I didn't see any component that is not available in local stores, Also it doesn't have varaity of component that the whole BOM for project can be procured to save efforts.

But for the people in remote areas this is really good site.

I know very much! I had to encourage them a little. Also all parts are not made available in their website. If in future we get parts online and in cheaper rate that will be good, it will save lots of time.

Roushon.

Copper clad board

I always hate the boards from Visha. But never made an attempt to find an alternative. A quick search showed `MG chemicals', but 34.1micron.

Their Mumbai office:

M/S Progressive Engineers

Corporate Office
20, Harichand Mill Compound, Next to Subodh Textiles,
Off LBS Marg, Vikhroli (W), Mumbai-400 079, India
Tel: +91-22-32944289, 25796760.

Sales Office
601/602, Commodity Exchange Building,
Sector-19, Vashi. Navi Mumbai- 400705. India.
Telefax: +91-22-27838611,
email: info@progressiveengineers.net

Also one can try RS components India.

Another option is to import and place a bulk order. I will be interested.

Roushon

If you or anybody finds good quality pcb source pls let us all know with contact details

Not sure if you're looking for copper-clad laminate or finished PCBs - however, for finished PCBs, the highest quality manufacturer I've found in India is Circuit Systems (India) Ltd. in Gandhinagar, which has merged with PCBPower (India) Ltd. a few months ago.

Link to their website:

Online PCB Fabrication - PCB Design - Assembly Services

Not sure if you're looking for copper-clad laminate or finished PCBs - however, for finished PCBs, the highest quality manufacturer I've found in India is Circuit Systems (India) Ltd. in Gandhinagar, which has merged with PCBPower (India) Ltd. a few months ago.

Link to their website:

Online PCB Fabrication - PCB Design - Assembly Services

I had telephonic discussion and requested for capability document. I am attaching the files sent and the mail reply.

"Dear Sir,

It was nice to talk with you.

Please find attached file of details about PCB Power services.

Please check it and if you have any query please let us know.

Regards,
Hesha Sheth
Mobile No. +91 9662059093
"

Attachments

• Technical Service Details2.pdf
    63.5 KB · Views: 40
  • technical specification.pdf
    54.1 KB · Views: 39