• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Parts GB for X-BOSOZ (KARI's Boards)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I have been busy coordinating the information that you people have sent me with the original Wiki information. Soon I'll have a spreadsheet to send to Anthony. Everyone who hasn't please send in your information right away!

Yes, AR2, our closing and removing the thread has possible unintended consequences , but we will figure out a way to make it right.

I will probably take you up on that :drink: if and when I get some things out of the way.

Variac

The kits are all bagged up now and ready to ship. I have a few kits boxed up pending shiiping arrangements.

There are about 15 kits going to the US, 3 in Canada (only one is local), 3 to Sweden, 5 to Netherlands, 1 to Norway, 2 to Germany, 1 to Greece, 1 to Italy and 1 to the UK.

Local sub distribution is one method for Europe, but with the members scattered across that continent it could more expensive than direct ship. By far the cheapest method is Postal Surface, but that takes about 8 weeks.

Canada is best shipped direct from my location and the US may be best served by local pick up points at selected members locations if they are central enough to make sense. I will get some shipping quotes to the US and Canada later this week.

Regards

Anthony

Hallo Michi,

the cost may not be significant lower than for individual shipping from Canada. Did you order PSU kits? The bigger the packet the bigger the degree of probability of problems at the customs. But on the other hand Anthony or whoever ships the kits to Germany will have less work with one packet. The Value on the customs declaration has to be less than 25$ then everything will be fine.
Let`s wait to see what the shipping costs are and who sends the packets out.

illusionxx

Hello Guys, I do not have a problem with the declared value of parcels, but remember I usually add insurance. If a package gets lost or damaged we are protected (somewhat). The thing to remember is that our well trained Customs Officials worldwide are very good at grabbing cash and will use the insured value to assess taxes owed.

So no insurance, ship as a low value item equals big gains in savings on Duties or big losses if the parcel is damaged or lost.

It's your individual choice.

As far as bulk shipping, Europe is going to be an issue due to the low density geographically of participating members. Sweden and the Netherlands maybe justifiable if someone would step forward and take in the shipments for sub distribution. This is especially economically viable if members are close enough to do local pickup.

Unfortunately, Canada is to vast and the members too scattered for any local pick ups, that's why I will mail them directly.

The US is also quite geographically large, but not quite so magnificent in it's vastness as Canada! :)

There are enough US members to possibly accomodate a few local pickup points. Again a few people need to step forward for that to happen once the ship to addresses are confirmed.

Regards

Anthony

Hello Guy's I have all but 14 kits packaged up for shipping with the trannies and heatsinks, which is about 2/3 thirds of the kits.

I had some photo's of my progress to post, but I seem to have lost my Gallery pages on BrianGT.com

I spent about $100 plus taxes on packaging for the 30 plus kits so far. Some packages will be mailed directly and where possible others will be packed in a larger shipping box for sub distribution.

I am still waiting on Mark for the confirmed emails, I was able to re activate my pay pal account and pull some information from my acount history as well.

Regards

Anthony

OK, I uploaded some pics to Brian's site, thanks Brian.

Follow the Link in Fcel's posting above, note that the R-Core transformers are all tie wrapped down to the cardboard box to prevent shipping damage. Preamp and PSU kits are in Anti Static bags and Large Caps and Heatsinks are wedged on the bottom and packed tight with Bubble packs.

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.