Partridge transformers vs Hammond

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Replacement for the Partridge is this one:
Output transf. for Hiwatt Custom 50 - Output Transf. for Hiwatt

I would also look at Hammond Guitar Amp Output Trannies:
1760L which is a Fender Bassman replacement (Raa = 4000)
OR
1750G which is a Yorkville/Traynor replacement (Raa=3800)

Guitar Speakers (like the Fanes in the original HiWatt) simply do not reproduce anything above about 6kHz so HiFi'ish OT bandwidth is not required.

Cheers,
Ian

Hello

The Hiwatt Partridge Transformer has had an Raa of 3400 Ohms. The winding scheme is very interesting, because it using cl and ccl directions. I have measured one and the frequency response was up to 160 kHz at -3dB at 16 Ohms at a low level. I have made some pictures with a quire wave, perhaps I refined them in the depths of my computer.
It was very well layer wound using combed cutted insulation material at both end.

Kind regards
Ingo

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
Ingo,

I posted a link to your site earlier, in it, you mentioned that the frequency response graph will follow, if you have it could you please post it here (or on your site)? It is my understanding that the Partridge transformers not only have very wide bandwidth, they have very flat frequency response (at nominal power) as well.

TIA,
Jaz

Ingo,

I posted a link to your site earlier, in it, you mentioned that the frequency response graph will follow, if you have it could you please post it here (or on your site)? It is my understanding that the Partridge transformers not only have very wide bandwidth, they have very flat frequency response (at nominal power) as well.

TIA,
Jaz

Hi

I have recognized the link after my post. I will do these things as soon as possible but manufacturing transformers is going ahead.

Best regards
Ingo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.