Partner for the Jordan JXR6

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The key factor for good integration between jxr6 and a bass driver and low x-over point is active filter. I've fiddling around using passive filters in that region (and higher) and it doesn't come out nice. Jxr6 impedance pike intrude too much. Ether this have to be removed (huge series notch filter) or higher order filter or higher x-over point required.

/Jesper

I've had reasonable success mating the JXR6 to the JX92 using only an inductor but it's not ideal. The sensitivities are dissimilar and fiddling with resistors only worked moderately well. I had more success using two JXR6s per side - this filled out the lower, sub-500Hz range and running them in serial matched to the JX92 better. (I used them in dipole mode with the two 2litre enclosures back to back and could only test this in mono). It could be that the best match is ...another JXR6.

I believe the JX92 is made by Vifa, so maybe there's something in their range which would suit.

I did the exect same thing, jxr6 1:s order passive to a jx92. Allso used a resistor to match properly. However, the filter slope of the Jxr6 with passive 1:s order filter and low x-over point is not very ideal. Higher x-over point makes it far more ideal. Allso, doing so provides a much better integration with the Jx92, to the extent where the resistor could be left out. As I see it the unbalance is not due to large efficiancy difference between the drivers, only bad x-over integartion. The drawback is that with the x-over point I ended up with it's more of a standard 2-way than enything else.

The solution for a using the Jxr6 whidband is imo ether to use a large series notch filter togeteher with low order filter, use higher order filter or going active.

/Jesper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.