Parasound D/AC-1000 tweaking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Petter said:

Agree about flexibility

The "minor" clocks could be double-bufferend and passed with the MCLK to clean up jitter.

I don't think "my" recovered "minor" clocks will be any worse than other simple alternatives.

The CS8412 can as noted by others not be driven by external clock. One will have major issues with synchronization of that were possible. An crystal controlled oscillator or a memory based PLL seems more appropriate for such duty.

Petter

The CS8412 cannot be driven by an external MCLK as I have already stated. It can, and often is, be driven by an external SCLK and FSYNC\LRCLK. The newly generated SCLK and FSYNC\LRCLK will be cleaner than their recovered counterparts as they will be generated from an oscillator. Perhaps you might consider reading the datasheet for the CS8412.

ray.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Evolution

The latest version, with a slightly tweaked Rockna analog stage, CS8414 & DF1704:

Arne K

Attachments

• para-1000.jpg
    para-1000.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 832
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Parasound

I cleaned the board for analog-stage parts, disabled pin9 from PCM63-K, added 120 ohm on output to gnd, added the Rockna board, http://www.rockna-line.com/diy/output/output.htm .
On this, I changed a couple of caps, to BG, and upgraded the DC-servo-op-amp.
I also tried the D1 I/V - output, but, since the dac gets a bit warm inside, the input-voltage drifted a lot, and I did not like this. (Do not know if it really means much...).
Anyway, the surprice is that the sonic signature on Rocna and D1 are very similar, or they are very transparent.

Arne K

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I do not understand the sentence you're saying. Just reread this thread after having had a notification of the most recent post. I used these parts a lot in the past and can confirm they're the same. No more no less.

edit: ha ha , I see what you mean now. The post was from 2003. Slow reply indeed ;) And also a quiet morning, when I posted I had my eyes still half closed.

Hi Arne!
I got a parasound dac1500 and want to make a Pass D1 output stage on it. But I have to replace a part of the board. Can you tell me what I have to do? Or where should I begin? I know this post is 2,5 years old, but I still have the idea I can make the 1500 to todays standard! Is this right? Teake

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.