• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

Joined 2005
Paid Member
yuppie Paradise PCB whit separate PSU boards briliant idea I am going to get same eventualy

Actually, the paradise PCBs still contain the on-board shunt regulator, and for performance this is still the best solution. Any cable between the regulator and amplifier introduces additional impedance, which may not be helpful.

The separate shunt boards are for line stages, headphone amplifiers, your own phono (or microphone) preamps, or other stuff.

These separate boards have an additional connector for both plus and minus, which is called "sense". You can simply bridge to the output voltages right next to them (and this will be explained in detail in the assembly guide, no worries!!)

OR

you wire separate cables for the sense connections right to your amplifiers' supply connection - the regulator will then take that input as the real value, and regulate it. Depending on your setup this may lead to instabilities, so you should be careful when you attempt to do it, but again this will be explained in the assembly guide.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I may be repeating myself, but will their be any complete kits will all parts for assembly?

Not from me. But attached is the BOM for Mouser, that you can simply upload. It contains the parts for one channel (excluding the heatsink), so you will have to order these parts twice.

Attachments

• paradisepreamp r3 Mouser BOM.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 115