Paradise Builders

I too went live 5 minutes ago. I have now 9.9k in input and in absence of my RIAA resistors 18k in "External RIAA" connector. Everything looks as expected, input offset can be reduced to basically zero and is wandering a bit, however it remains neglectable low - no problem at all. Output offset is wandering faster but its never more than 30mV. Since I just powered up the first time that was to be expected.

However, the scope shows this on output channel 1:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

And this on channel 2:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Rails taken between regulator and amplifier (where bridged) all look similar to this:

Regards
Sven

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
When set at 1X, probes that come with 100MHZ budget scopes should not be better than -3dB 6MHZ to 10MHZ tops. So I wonder if you just pick up some FM radio band interference in the measurement loop. Is there a digital filter menu with low pass beyond the 20MHZ bandwidth limit standard option? If yes try limiting MHZ by MHZ to see if the picture clears.

pdul: High-pass filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

cutoff frequency =
7d87bc118166402407c6194a521f4eac.png

Salas - to be honest I don't know. Have it only for a couple of weeks. Will check.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Salas - to be honest I don't know. Have it only for a couple of weeks. Will check.

Just gave it a try at X1 probes also and the only thing I could reliably capture from the circuit itself sans its dedicated regs was the 100Hz rectification residual breaking thru from the lab supply. Its the spikes in the graph.

Attachments

• Snap 2013-02-23 at 20.45.12.png
    Snap 2013-02-23 at 20.45.12.png
    290.5 KB · Views: 333
  • 100HZ.png
    100HZ.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 266
Btw, the same ~90MHz are visibe on the input with a much lower amplitude of ~1mV

40mV near 100mHz almost a nice sinus, is a bit of an problem for the 100Mhz scope, and probably does not tell a lot about the original signal. I think that Salas is right, some strong signal induced by the environment. If (and only when) the RIAA has a proper box, you may be able to stop this signal by adding some ferrite beads in the input (and probably output and signal ground) wires.

If it is still a problem then (when boxed :))

Last edited: