Paradise Builders

Next problem..
I bought this set of matched transistors for the Paradise but they are market Q12,Q14 and so on but there are no markings for Q12,Q14 on the pcb.
Is there a pdf or similar with the markings on the pcb?

IMG_20170120_004412_zpsgkzmh8ws_edit_1484869668804_zpsdrug93hi.jpg

Yes they were Vcap CuTF, about $200 for a set if i remember right, i actually got them - but cannot tell if they are worth it - because haven't built one without them. But as it is with high end components - the minor improvement is very often not worth the price they cost - if you are not aiming for the very best. Also these were matched +-1% if i remember correct, that is a big plus though.

Ake, when you first power the Paradise up it takes about 70 hours of continuous running for the banks of el'caps to fully form. They only see a small voltage and as they form the DC offset begins to drop. You'll only drop to a couple of mV of dc drift once you have the Paradise in a box, it'll never get better than +/-10mV until it is fully cased up.

My builds used to start off at +/-100mV and settle down to 0.1mV> over the course of a few days.

The OPA 627 is a little better than the standard spec op-amp, but at significant cost. I'm not sure the difference is audible.

Joined 2005
Paid Member
In my experience, the biggest output offset fluctuation comes from thermal drift of the input transistors. The servo has a time constant of about 1s, so anything faster will not be regulated away.... Try blowing on the input transistors and watch in awe what the output does :D
In a box, the thermal drift is massively reduced. You could also glue a piece of copper foil on top of all input transistors, to reduce thermal airflow and couple them better....