parabolic flourescent lighting reflectors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, some guy in the "DIY video projector" thread mentioned these panels that you use for flourescent lighting, its a mesh grid kinda that concentrates and directs light in one direction...

it was mentioned that it could be used for the LOA's. (or any light that disperses, even MH, or sodiums...)

has anyone tried this, does anyone know where to get these, etc? this would solve a lot of our problems... with GREAT lighting, we can overcome a lot of lens issues.

here is a pic of what it looks like.

Attachments

• product-parasquare.jpg
    product-parasquare.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 221
I think you can find those at any lighting supply shops around town. I'm not sure if Home Depot or any large chains have them, but if I see them, I will let you know. They must be fairly common...my school has them in the elevators.

It seems like the longer the box section is, the more "correction". If you put several of these back to back (or even staggered), they would act similar to a light pipe that is used on some commercial projectors for the same purpose.

They would probably help a fluorescent source the most, but I'm not sure how useful they would be with a point-source light. Maybe more hurt than help? It might be worth a try.

Let us know if you find anything else!

-f4

yeah, i went to home depot, but they didnt have any like that, just the general plastics that wouldnt really relfect anything.

i think it might also help in point of source? if any light is going out to the side, it may direct it toward the front. and if you do an array like you said, it may eliminate any hot spots? i dunno, if anyone finds any of it, i would like to test it out with my LOA i still have.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.