Packard...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Magura said:
Any of you grey haired guys ever ovned a Packard (the car that is) ?

I'm from the Detroit metro area, so while I've never owned a Packard (after all I'm only a little gray at 42 ;) ) , the old Packard plant is still here. We do hold a yearly auto festival called "The Woodward Dream Cruise", where you can see just about anything automotive ever made on this side of "The Big Pond".

This past August there were 1.5-1.75 million people here for it, so it's the largest one that I know of.

Magura said:
Ive fallen in love with the looks of the models from the late fourties, early fifties. I wonder if such a thing would be worth restoring?

Magura:)

I too love that whole era. The flow of the lines and the craftsmanship was second to none.

I am rebuilding a little newer piece of "Detroit Iron", a 1966 Dodge Coronet 440. It's not a Packard, but more of a memory/dream from My youth.

I encourage you to restore the car, it will be worth every bit of effort you put into it! :)

Keep us informed if you can!!!

All the Best!
Tall Shadow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.