PA-03 ChipAmp 600watts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all !! New to this forum...GREETINGS from Kozhikode India.
I am planning to build a high power Amplifier using PA03 chip Package is TO3-8pin made by Apex technology, since i have a dozen of these. From the data sheet its possible to achieve 300watts/8ohms @75volts dual supply, or 600watts 4ohms @75volts dual supply.i have most of the parts and will be designing PCB shortly.
Any comments and suggestions welcome, will be posting the progress thru pictures...:D

Day two the Chips........

Attachments

• dscf0003b.jpg
    dscf0003b.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1,955
sivan_and said:
Test process continuing.....since last week...Running a load of 4 Ohms heater nichrome wire with a PSU of 120Volts total, Stability OK regard to DC offset..10mV>>> 22mV after 2 days stable now..
Temp on TO3 case 75deg cent....

I don't know what you've got there, but you don't have a PA-03 (your picture's too blurry to make out any numbers on the cases). The PA-03 is in a big-*** 12 pin MO-127 copper case, not an 8 pin TO-3 case. No way you're going to get 600 watts out of a TO-3.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.