p2p gainclone layout

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
grege said:
Hi Joe,

Thanks for the invite, I'd love to have a look and listen to the JLTi. I live at Mt Kuring-gai but I do go to Parramatta regularly and I do venture to Warwick Farm on the odd occassion.

Warwick Farm is not that far away. Like a flutter on the horses, eh?

BTW, I think we may have already crossed paths at the AKSAfest, I did a lot of listening to your CD player on Malcolm Fear's system if I'm not mistaken. Can't remember talking to you though.

I was there indeed. And I had a JLTi in the car... but I told Hugh I wouldn't confuse the issue, it's not exactly an AKSA related product.

Incidentally, the SACD player we use now is a huge advancement of what was brought that evening!!!

Also, I was wondering if those yellow caps on your production JLTi are from Jaycar. They do look similiar and I have a set but haven't tried them yet.

Bingo!

The are 250V polyprop caps, quite good, but by-passed with Rifa end-welded polystyrene caps, definitely not from Jaycar.

Actually some years ago did some consultation work for Gary Johnston, the owner of Jaycar, testing louspeaker drivers he wanted to (and did) import. So the comments re enclosure type and FB and Vb ind the speaker section of the Jaycar catalogue were mine.

Mobile 0412-203382 during work hours and 02-96074650.

Joe R.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Thanks GrahamnDodder.

I like the idea of the chipscrew/ground star.

It does make things neat, but it does have the potential to be a problem when I mount these things in a metal enclosure because I will be creating ground loop between each chipscrew and the real star earth. We'll see.

I've never actually owned a camera and I thought with todays digital cameras you simply pointed and clicked. Well believe it or not, this was the best I could get, the others were unusable.

BTW, the tickets are in the mail.:nod:

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Originally posted by Bricolo
some ref numbers you gave me have no picture on the website, how did you know they were insulated? Did you go to theyr shop?

Yeah, I buy from Jaycar shops. There's about thirty of them in Australia. They also have a catalogue and advertise in the local electronics magazine, Silicon Chip.

They do have other similar products that are probably in their online catalogue. These are not the "audiophile" grade that I see others use on this forum.

grege said:
Hey Joe,

No, I'm gambling on a Masterton home.

I'll give you a ring during the week to work out a convenient time.

OK.

Then you'll be able to report on these here DIY forums what a full-on JLTi sounds like.

And, if I may say it, with the best sounding CD/SACD Player in the world! No kidding! Latest VSEI Ugrade Module fitted to a Sony SCD-555ES. No DAC chip in the circuit, this is done by using an analog function (a bandpass filter and super-fast buffer), and not a digital function, to convert digital to analog. This latest version is only a few weeks old. Awesome!

Masterton? Oh, now I get it. Masterton and Warwick Farm. The others would have a clue what we're talking about. Yes, I had a look at Masterton many a year ago. Went with another company.

Joe R.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.