Overheating Class A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, thanks for the replies. I have checked the two units I removed and the J162 reads very low resistance 140R across source and drain and the K1058 is dead. As far as the voltages go all measure 54.5V except the troublesome K1058/J162 pair where the J162 measures 33.4V

Last edited:
Hi Here is a picture of the board. The problems are with the ones on the left of the picture

Attachments

• Problem output 8-13.jpg
    Problem output 8-13.jpg
    368.3 KB · Views: 107
Clean off the soldered joints.
Check for shorting between the joints.
You can reduce the quantity of solder on many of the joints.
Check the 12 resistors to gate and from source.

Exactly what I was going to say. Remove some of the solder from your FET legs and get some Flux Remover and clean up the PCB. I have had more than one problem from a sloppy solder joint that spilled just the smallest bit of solder across two pins, forming a short. On PCBs that have very narrow spacing around the pads, I run a very fine screwdriver between the pads after soldering, spray some flux remover, and inspect carefully under a bright light to make sure I didn't goof anything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.