Output Current from PCM56P K?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bernhard said:
Zoran,

PCM56 is happy with anything up to 500 ohm per chip.

You will only loose sound quality with 100 ohm and unnecessary preamp.

Heat is not an issue and depends only on supply voltages.
See datasheet.

Bernhard when you said above you will only loose sound quality with 100ohm, is this compared to 500ohm?
I thought the PCM56 in current output would have it's lowest distortion (best sound quality) at the lowest ohms? I'm confused

:confused:

Cheers George

georgehifi said:

Bernhard when you said above you will only loose sound quality with 100ohm, is this compared to 500ohm?
I thought the PCM56 in current output would have it's lowest distortion (best sound quality) at the lowest ohms? I'm confused

:confused:

Cheers George

I meant the unnecessary preamp...
100 is very slightly better, but if you need a 5x preamp to compensate for the low output, better use 500.

hi George , PCM 56 sounds very good even with 1.3k , as bernhardt already pointed ,IMHO it's due to it's ladder architecture ,not the same than PCM 53/63/1541 ,i.e.different wiring of ladder can present the same/not the same impedance with bit switching .

hope this helps

guytou said:
hi George , PCM 56 sounds very good even with 1.3k , as bernhardt already pointed ,IMHO it's due to it's ladder architecture ,not the same than PCM 53/63/1541 ,i.e.different wiring of ladder can present the same/not the same impedance with bit switching .

hope this helps

I just tried with 750 R and its awful high in distortion: sounds like a broken tube or cheap tube amplifier!!!

I guess that with 375R it will sound right because the distortion is not bad when the music is playing low, but when like the orchestra has bass and treble and high it’s all fuzzy!

:whazzat:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.