OTA - One Transistor Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What about this one,can I use this one?Do I need to change fet IRF 610 with the 2SK216 and why?

Attachments

• boz_image001.gif
    boz_image001.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 1,389
Hy there ,

I 'm back to give you news of the OTA “improved” Amp.
First of all, I recovered the R-Core transformer of an IGBT amplifier project . This transformer has 2 separated secondaries , whereas the old one comprised one of them, moreover I had to wind whorls with the secondary to obtain the required voltage.
Now i was in order to separate completely the both power supplies chanels , dedicated ground circuits , by taking care to avoid ground loops while wiring . The ground of each oh the 2 amplifier circuits is taken directly on the 2 electrochemical caps downstream, of stronger value than the first (33.000µF against 22.000µF). I also added a connection by screw & bolt on the IRF150 for the maintenance actions.
Small aesthetic relooking to finish on a wooded note.
It now remains to me to listen to it to drip the differences.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Best regards ,
@ + Philippe.

Hi Mad_K ,

Thanks for your congratulation .
My new transformer 2 * 36 V / 300 VA provides me 47 VDC , at the bias current is near to 3.5 A .
It sounds really lovely , just with one transistor !
The speakers I use are self made Fostex full-range using the FE208 and an additionnal tweeter FH90 .
Here is a photo so you can see what they look like .

Bye ,
@ + Philippe.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.