oscilloscope recommendations

Hi,

have a look at what price level 12Bit scopes start from A-Brands like TeledyneLeCroy and such. Then ask Yourself if a lowlevel cheapy could possibly be 14Bit and deliver something we could refer to as 'quality' in the slightiest sense.
Also have a look at their website and see if You can find firmware updates and at what rate they update.
Keep in mind that the useability of a modern scope depends on the quality of its firmware and the design of the GUI far more than on its hardware.
And they all appear buggy on the market.
Now, how long are You willing to accept serious bugs? We got a Hantek 2102B signal generator at my company.
While beeing quite interesting/ok hardwarewise its firmware (no updates available over the devices lifespan) cripples the device so that You can't rely on what appears at its outputs.
In short ... the firmware renders the thing a piece of crap and its just collecting dust on a shelf.
I decided to go with Siglent because they seem to 'listen' to the community.
So far they haven't disappointed.
They not only update their firmware correcting for bugs, but also add more functionality to the devices.
The latest updates appeared this week and related to the SDS1000X-E and the SDS200X+ series. Go figure

jauu
Calvin

Very good points. I just thought I'd ask what people think about those owon scopes.

Although higher resolution would be nice, I can live without it since an audio interface and software is what I've been using all these years.

Saying that, I'm still trying to decide whether to get the 14bit sdg1032x or the 16bit sdg2042x, which is almost double the pice.

I just can't justify paying twice as much for 2 extra bits I guess :)