• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Ortofon Samba MC cartridge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an Ortofon Samba moving coil cartridge, $160 & free ship
it sounds fantastic
Has a nude stylus,it has around 100 hours of play time on it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 294
She gets there tonight.
However I went ahead and ship the Cartridge on Monday
Sorry I forgot to give you a heads up on it
I just went ahead because she was stressing over doing it
So thought I would keep peace here.
They said normally a week to ship there so it should be there
Monday or Tuesday I would think .

Scott

She gets there tonight.
However I went ahead and ship the Cartridge on Monday
Sorry I forgot to give you a heads up on it
I just went ahead because she was stressing over doing it
So thought I would keep peace here.
They said normally a week to ship there so it should be there
Monday or Tuesday I would think .

Scott

Sadly I received the cartridge yesterday but the cartridge was not fixed to the box, and the cover needle was out, the result was the needle was broken,
I asked to bigaudioscotto but this man say that the cartridge left from his place in perfect condition. The last sentence could be correct but the cartridge was no well fixed, Mr Scott now doesn't recognize any responsibility in the action and he said I must send the cartridge to Ortofon.

Unfortunately, I feel robbed, cheated, I put trust in an individual who was supposed to be a gentleman, gentlemen who shared this forum and in no way this guy has tried to give me a solution, says flatly that the capsule out good place and send it to Ortofon.

I ask other people who share our website you should do, that could be done to prevent these people of ill will share the same sites that kill trust between individuals in good faith. :(

Well as they always say,there are 2 sides to every story.
This Cartridge was in pristine condition when shipped.
It was shipped on July 15th pretty sure it arrived 22nd or 23rd for sure.
It get an email this past Sunday saying he has not received the
Cartridge.
So I thought that is impossible,
And proceeded to take a photo of the customs receipt and sales receipt
And sent this to him and and then miraculously all of the sudden the next morning he says he has now received it.
Then it goes down hill from there claiming that the needle is broken
He send's a photo of a samba that has a slightly bent cantelever
I ask how it that possible it had the stylus guard in place and protecting it when it was shipped,he comes back saying the stylus guard was not in place.there is no way that was not in place unless
Someone opened it and removed it.
hence I call BS.
I have a flawless reputation here over many years just had to state my
Side of the story.

Last edited:
The cartridge arrived monday 28th, there are records at the post office, I asked him on Sunday 27th because he told about send the cartridge by his wife that's was coming to Ibiza, AND I guess the cartridge arrived very soon. When I asked on Sunday about I have nothing, he sent two pictures of the USPS mail service. I don't know this guy try to send the ball to another place, the case is that:
The ortofon was was completely loose, like a rattle, making noise, click click, when I opened it I confirmed this phenomenon and also had forgotten of placing the needle guard, or had put in bad form as it was well discovered immediately that morning, I sent email photos that answered many hours later.
Instead of finding a solution this gentleman accused me that with the tip of the nail had broken, he insisted no and finally I suggested she try into place with fingertip, all these suggestions are in emails .
I mean it is true that there are always two versions of events.
He sent a delicate element overseas without taking the special care to hold it well even putting on the needle guard, with tape would have fixed the problem and no one would regret anything.
Until the item comes into my property the sender is responsible for damage caused by carelessness on the package.
The most important aggravating is that at no time sought a solution according to the mistake, delimiting guilt and hiding from responsibility gentleman must have individuals undeniably well done. With the same idea now, instead of looking to solve the problem, you want to make me look like a liar and speculator, which always involves the liar and profiteer from others.

Gotta love the elaborate style of this conversation :) Please find a middle ground solution half satisfying for both sides (since in the circumstances full satisfaction is not possible ). If there was an insurance on the cartridge , put the money towards the repair cost. If not , as it often happens -share the cost. Transactions like this, always carry the degree of risk involved. Like I was informed by E-Bay lady in similar case - it's a risk of doing business online you have to calculate and be aware off. Do not escalate this further, it will help nothing but make the compromise impossible. You both seem like reasonable , likeable and basically honest characters so just take a deep breath , maybe smoke a cigar nad put the argument to rest. Good luck !

Thanks gentleman, the cartridge is arriving this morning, safety and health like gentleman could do for another member.
Mr Scott Eidson, with the object of repair the trouble that the USPS mail commit. As he hadn't a similar cartridge that he originally sold, He ship to me a Grado MM cartridge with two needles in a perfect protected package and I have to say sorry for not true in him and naturally I have to say He is a gentleman and I am glad to know him.
Thanks for every thing to other members for the kind counsels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.