Orion MBR not charging

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
No resistors on pin 2,3,15 ad the two MBRs voltages on the pins is now consistent; small variations but nothing significant.

When the MBR is off, there is anyway current on pin 1 of Q5 and this flow to pin2 then R13 and, consequently to the output. Does it make sense? At least from the circuit point of view. I would have expected no voltage at the output when it's off

Yes; I connected a small lamp to the "In" and the current draw is 0,36A while on the "Out" the draw is 0,30A

The light on the Out is faint compared to when it's connected to the In

Measurements done with the "power" disconnected.

When the power is connected, the draw is identical at 0,36A

Connect the lamp to the output terminal and measure the DC voltage across each of the large resistors near the FETs. Does any one read above 0.000v DC?

If you can't read any voltage across the resistors, you may need a larger lamp (like an automotive headlamp).

I managed to find a 55/60W lamp from my car.

Connected and measured few resistors then one of the FETs (Q11) started to smoke :eek:. The resistor connected to the smoking one was at 0,25V while the others I measured were at 0V.

I stopped the test at this point

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.