orion 250 hcca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are both of the A56 drivers heating up?

If you measure the resistance between the first and second pad for 'each' of the power supply FETs, do you get any low ohm readings?

Are you sure you haven't mixed up the A06/A56 and have them installed in the wrong locations?

Are you sure that you haven't installed them backwards?

I know these may seem like silly questions but I've seen it happen many times before.

The A56 is used to pull the gate drive voltage down to ground. If it's overheating, something is holding the gate voltage high. I would generally think that an A06 was shorted or there was a solder bridge between pads 1 and 2 of the FETs.

just the one of the a56's is heating up the other side is fine and i double and triple checked that i have them in right and in right locations ill check all the a06's again besides that ive checked pretty much everything else in the power supply besides the 2 mct2's dont know if they have anything to do with the prob i checked for solder bridges under a lighted magnafine glass like 4 or 5 times dont see any

PERRY i would like to thank you so much for all of your help with this amp i cliped a lil bit off the leads on diodes and solderd them back in and put 2 fets per side and turned the amp on without a load on it and let it sit for about 25 mins and seems to be fine so far im gonna order the 3205's for the power supply and a mpsu57 if its avaible or do u know what that might cross to and solder them in put it back together and see if it works but so far it turns on with no problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.