Oracle Premier Motor

Hi
I have acquired an Oracle Premier turntable and while it is nearly complete the much needed control box for the motor is missing.
If anyone has useful knowledge of the operation of this motor it would be greatly appreciated.
I am aware of after-market options but I would prefer to try to get the original motor operational.
Here is a pic of the motor disassembled, the only component inside the motor aside from windings and permanent magnet is what looks to be an SMD device with 4 connections.
I believe the motor was made by Papst, the circuit board # in the motor is 6027 013 000.
Cheers
Kevin

Attachments

• oracle motor.JPG
    oracle motor.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 184
Another partial # on the motor housing is 934 3909 ??? there are three #'s that are not readable.
By my estimation the motor is driven by PWM with a tach sensor on the internal circuit board for accurate speed control...thus the mark on the magnet which is read by the sensor.

Did you get any further with your problem, or any more info on the motor? I have the same Premiere, same motor, and luckily with the original control box which I’m trying to fix. The motor spins, but too weakly to spin the platter or start without help. I’m trying to diagnose and fix the problem, which I suspect is in the driver section of the electronics (one of the two output transistors gets much hotter than the other). Anything that might help would be greatly appreciated (or maybe I can help you?). Thanks.

Hi
I have acquired an Oracle Premier turntable and while it is nearly complete the much needed control box for the motor is missing.
If anyone has useful knowledge of the operation of this motor it would be greatly appreciated.
I am aware of after-market options but I would prefer to try to get the original motor operational.
Here is a pic of the motor disassembled, the only component inside the motor aside from windings and permanent magnet is what looks to be an SMD device with 4 connections.
I believe the motor was made by Papst, the circuit board # in the motor is 6027 013 000.
Cheers
Kevin
I happens to have an Oracle Alexandria. It uses the same motor. I aquired the schematic by Oracle so you may try to rebuild the control board.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    280.8 KB · Views: 51
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 51
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 48
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG