Oracle Delphi( Best arm for this dec)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AF,

my Kimber has a straight plug but the SME IV has a 90° connector that can be turned through 180°. I still use the 12V AC but I changed the plug for a Lemosa.

I tried a halogen transformer once (just for fun) but was a bit worried because of the difference it made (in this case for the worse) so I´ll think it´s worthwile experimenting with different transformers here.

The cable holder is selfmade cause I wanted the cable to be securely in the right position without having to fiddle everytime I pulled it out of the preamp

Upgrading to the MK IV will get quite expensive. I asked at SUN Audio in Munich and I think it was over 1000 € for the baseplate + motor + supply.

I don´t know if the counterweight is neccessary when you use the apropriate springs, my deck bounces in a nice vertical way.

william

Hi Frank,

You made yours yourself?
If you feel like starting a thread on your home made floaters, please do.

I am afraid it's easier for me to modify an arm over a long period of time than to write about why I did it ;) .
Basically it's just removing anything that isn't absolutely neccesary, and improving what's left.
So the arm and counterweight is new , filled with sand,
the silver cables are soldered straight into the step-up trafo,
and the lift , together with anything that can vibrate, is removed,
and the rest is locked down tight, with exstra lockscrews.

Looks ugly, but sounds OK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.