Option Paralysis - what would you do?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.
I have been over at audioKarma, - so excuse the double posting, but this may be a better platform DIY wise, no disrespect meant to either forum:

My delivery from Parts express happened and now I'm in a quandry, as usual these days it seems.

Original Idea was to build a sealed 4" cabinet (self powered). But I realised I really need / wanted to build a nice set of Near /mid field/?field monitors for audio work and total listening pleasure.

This is what I have: (2 off each).

tangband 5" W5-1611SA
Foster Ribbon Tweeters (xo 6400hz +)
Response 4" CW2190 ??? sensetivity 86db??
precision port 2" double flared 12 ".
1 X Dayton T100a Amplifier

I was thinking ported, slim and deep, 0.5cuft, can go bigger - but not floorstanders.

Not averse to having tweeters as seperate component.

The fosters and jaycar 4 " are really just lying around, not part of the plan. Use the fosters? buy other "real" tweeters? single 5" driver? sealed? Ported? Arggggghhhhhh
dunno.gif

Any suggestions? Ideas?
I listen to very, very, varied music, and use audio tools / recording software, play classical double bass etc.

any guidance appreciated.

Perhaps I should put it another way:)

Would the Tangband and the foster tweeter work together given the high xo point of the foster?
I think I am setteld on ported, unless I can get a fair bass out of sealed.
I was even thinking about the fostex BK10 type reflex, but given my limited budget and the mixed reports I've heard am a bit unwilling to do it.
Finally is there a place for the much cheaper jaycar 4 inches? or should I leave them out (given their not vey sensitive nature.
Thanks Again.
Tog.:usd:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.