• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

"Optimal" output grid loading?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI,all,

I've finally decided on an amp project...(it's been a zillion and a half changes of mind)and it will be based E180CC input to a 46 with an srpp+ driver stage ( the "+" refers to John Broskie's idea of configuring the srpp's upper triode's cathode resistor(s)into a voltage divider for better driving the output tube's load...my question...what, if any,trick or mathematical equation would give some ballpark idea on grid loading for the output tube(i.e.,470 ohms for a 45 for example.)or does one simply experiment with different loads within the parameters listed on a particular tube's datasheet?....If you wanna know,I'm going to use 46's for output,with a 7.2 K output transformer primaries...I know this is flea power territory,about 1.85 watts per channel-
Easy on me, I'm new at this stuff:)

Sincerely,Joe

BTW,I thought there was another"solder slinger"somewhere on this or another forum(maybe audioasylum?) several years back...I'm not that induvidual....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.